Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Wireless up, Wireless down

Contributor
Contributor

Wireless up, Wireless down

Message 1 of 3
(812 Views)

We have consistely poor luck with our wireless connection staying up for more than 4 or 5 days in a row.  We have an Actiontec GT704 that is about 6-7 years old.  We go through the turn it off, turn it back on once or more each time the wireless signal dies & eventually it brings the signal back up.  I've had chat support look at it & they claim to see no issues with what they can diagnose.  They also say the router is fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where I go from here?  Do I have verizon come out for a repair call, although as I've just learned there is an apparent charge for this?!?!?!?!  New router?

Just not sure on this one & getting more and more frustrated each time it dies.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Wireless up, Wireless down

Message 2 of 3
(733 Views)

Either http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Why-your-Wi-Fi-is-slow/td-p/534451

will help you

AND OR

your router's wireless is die-ing and need to be replaced.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wireless up, Wireless down

Message 3 of 3
(691 Views)

Thanks for the great link.  I've reviewed it & I'm leaning towards getting a new router.  With the multiple issues I am having & the frustration it brings, I think it is time.

In my research I've seen the Asus RT-N66U and Linksys EA4500 come out with some pretty great reviews.  Does anyone have any suggestions or confirmations on these or other routers?  Thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title