General Post
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I guess I've been fairly luck. I've got my system setup with five (5) cameras, three (3) light dimmers, and two (2) door/window sensors. For the most part, everything is working well, knock-wood! It was a bit harder then advertised to get everything working but there are a few Verizon Techs on the support line who know what they are doing. I wish those few would train the rest.

I must say that this forum has been almost no help what so ever. I think Verizon put up this forum just to allow customers to vent. The admin seems to be MIA and the only posts are negitive comments. My few question went really unresolved. I guess I'm just uses to a forum with hundreds of members and when a question is posted, it gets an answer within an hour. You would think the a big company like Verizon would assign at least one intern to monitor the forum and learn the system so questions can be answered.

Oh well. I guss now that I have my system running Verizon will pull the plug on the HMAC division. 

Labels (1)
Re: General Post
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
Three months and still now response from Verizon. I've been adding equipment via eBay and Craig's List. Got some great deals and everything is working (see post about alt setup method). Now up to 8 cameras (4 indoor and 4 outdoor), 5 light modules and 5 door/window sensors. Even have two extra gateways.

The iPhone app still has a few bugs and there are a lot of features missing which would truly bring the system closer to making your home a "smart home". If Verizon would just put a few $ into this, they would have a great system.
0 Likes