IP camera where to find logon infor to logon to camera IP address?
cherylhandy

I have just learned of what I consider to be a pretty big security breach and I feel sure others may have found it and may have the answer that FIOS isn't able to give me. First I just found out from a friend who had thier laptop over and was on my network sharing music playlists that they were able to click on other devices under my network and view any of the camera's streaming video. I had never paid any attention to it and have had the camera's up and going now since thanksgiving of this past year so to say I was shocked is an understatement. What's even more alarming is that I have after speaking to home monitoring and control side of verizon they had no clue this could be done and had no solutions or advice to fix what I consider to be a huge security breach. I have searched the manufacturer of the camera and you can get to thier webpage by right clicking on the camera icon under my network and other devices there is a link directly to thier website. However prepare yourself as there is no solution to this problem on there nor do they offer up the defsult user name and or password for the camera's. I am hoping that maybe someone else has encountered this and has found some solutions or answers to better help securing this breach and if so please share as it will only be a matter of time before everyone knows about this and what a disaster that could be as the people looking to rob people can now use the camera's we bought to secure our home to case it. This is very serious!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IP camera where to find logon infor to logon to camera IP address?
staycalm1

Hey there, first thing you need to remind yourself about the camera is that the person needs access to your network. which would require the wep key or wap key from your router. personally which to wap key. cause wep is easy to crack. and just continue enjoying your service. is nothing major. your friend saw it cause you allow him to connect to your internet. Have a great day.

0 Likes