System Down For Over 40 Hours !
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

My system went down some time after 11:25am on Saturday, July 12th and did not start working again until some time around 3:30am on Monday, July 14th. When I say it went down, I mean nothing worked. Timed events did not happen (I.E. lights going on after dusk), and triggered events not occurring (I.E. lights and cameras not activating when doors sensors are openned). I tried rebooting the gateway several times but the problem would not clear and I could not access my system from either a PC or smartphone. When I called Verizon HM&C support, they were closed for the weekend (funny they use to have limited hours on Saturdays but no more).

Monday morning I awoke to find that everything was working again but I could not access the system on my smartphone.

When I called Verizon HM&C support I was told that there was a problem with smartphone access and that it was being worked but they had no idea when it would be fixed. They were unaware of any other issues and were surprised to here of the outage over the weekend.

Hopefully they will fix this issue faster then the Java Script problem which prevents PC from streaming live camera feeds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: System Down For Over 40 Hours !
Dukestane1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have the same issues and the problems with my mobile devices continue. I've tried everything with the exception of deleting all devices and starting over. I never bothered to call support because my last few calls resulted in nothing but frustration.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

They did get most of the functions on the smartphone app working again by Monday afternoon with the exception of running any modes. As of this time that is still not working on a smartphone or PC. And by that I mean that if you click "Run" next to a mode, it does nothing. But, the modes still work as triggers and timed events.

0 Likes
Dukestane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Device control is it or miss.  I can turn a light on and then unable to turn off a few minutes later.  Mode control is also not working from verizon.com.   I have also been unable too find the Home Monitoring Channel on my TV.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I would call tech support about the device and TV Channel missing.My devices are working, just not the mode "Runn Now" buttons. And I don't have a TV to test the channel functions.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

The issue with the Modes seems to be resolved. The "On Demand" function appears to be working again both from a PC and a smartphone.

0 Likes