System offline - coincided with removing TV package from my account
bfarley65

On 7/17 I removed the TV package from my account, as you may have guessed from the post title. It took a few days, but I noticed that the home monitoring and control was no longer sending notifications. When I tried to log into the app, it told me "you do not have home monitoring and control" - same with the web portal designed to manage this service.

My first call to tech support went something like this:

"Are you sure that no one accidentally turned this off on my 7/17 call?"

"There is absolutely no way that could have happened."

Voice mail from Verizon, later:

"Someone accidentally turned this off. It should work now."

My next call, after the system still did not work, resulted in the agent asking me to do a reset of the gateway device, and to wait 30 minutes - call back if it's not working. Guess what, that didn't work  - nice that the agent got off the call so quickly.

After several additional calls, it is not working. I now have an open and "escalated" support ticket, essentially useless equipment, and no faith whether the service is actually enabled in all the right places on Verizon's side.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: System offline - coincided with removing TV package from my account
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Well, good luck, you will need it. When something like that happens they normally have to rebuild your whole account. And since they don't sell HM&C anymore, they may not beable to setup a new account with that option. 😞

My suggestion is to ride the hard. Call several times a day if you have to and get a superviser's name, deal only with that person and demand a daily update. Here's the direct number in case you don't already have it: 866-785-8153

If they can't get you working again and you want to sell your equipment, let me know.

Oh, and first rule of tech-support, don't let the tech off the phone until the problem is resolved or they have to send you to the next level support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Well, good luck, you will need it. When something like that happens they normally have to rebuild your whole account. And since they don't sell HM&C anymore, they may not beable to setup a new account with that option. 😞

My suggestion is to ride the hard. Call several times a day if you have to and get a superviser's name, deal only with that person and demand a daily update. Here's the direct number in case you don't already have it: 866-785-8153

If they can't get you working again and you want to sell your equipment, let me know.

Oh, and first rule of tech-support, don't let the tech off the phone until the problem is resolved or they have to send you to the next level support.

0 Likes
bfarley65

The ticket had not been touched since escalation. Rather than continue investing time in what I'm realizing is a lost cause and an unsupported product, I've canceled home monitoring. Shaenn, if you're interested, there's a gateway, door/window sensor, and indoor camera for which I have no need.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Contact Verizon again, and request an update on the ticket.

0 Likes
bfarley65

Requested. "Sorry, we haven't gotten to that yet." Canceled the home monitoring service.

@ElizabethS wrote:

Contact Verizon again, and request an update on the ticket.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That's too bad. If you would like someone to assist with the issue, please let us know.

0 Likes
bfarley65

You can assist with a credit for the equipment that, if I understand correctly, works only with Verizon's home monitoring system  🙂

@ElizabethS wrote:

That's too bad. If you would like someone to assist with the issue, please let us know.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That unfortunately is not within our scope here on the forum. You'll need to contact Verizon for that.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
bfarley65, I could use the Door & Window sensor but I think I have enough indoor cameras. The Gateway is really useless and I already have 4 extra ones. How much do you want for the sensor?
0 Likes