New N router will not connect to the internet
csp8520

I recently acquired the Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I router.  I'm upgrading from the MI424-WR Rev. D router.  I followed the instructions and all of the necessary lights come on except for the "internet" light.  It stays yellow and does not turn green.  I double-checked the connections.  The "power" light is a solid green.  The "wan coax" is a solid green.  I connect ethernet cables to the yellow ports and they show green.  Please let me know what I may be doing wrong in my setup.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New N router will not connect to the internet
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you might have missed this step.

Also I don't think you have to return that router, so if you do not (read your packing slip it will tell you) then you might want to take this under advisement.  It's a really neat way to make that old router useful..

🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you might have missed this step.

Also I don't think you have to return that router, so if you do not (read your packing slip it will tell you) then you might want to take this under advisement.  It's a really neat way to make that old router useful..

🙂

0 Likes
csp8520

I wish they included this in the instructions.  It worked!!!!  I'm up and running.  Thanks for your help!!!

0 Likes