Seagate Wireless Plus -- unable to connect to FIOS Router when using IPAD
donnarey123

Hi -

Tech support says that if I have my iPAD connected to the Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB extermal drive - I can never connect to the internet?

That makes no sense at all.

I spent 1+ hours on the phone with seagate -- the drive won't connect wirelessly to the router.

Anyone have suggestions? 

Thank you!

Donna

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Seagate Wireless Plus -- unable to connect to FIOS Router when using IPAD
mformica
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent an hour on the phone with a Verizon support, who then called in ActionTech (I assume the manufacture the routers, or provide the routers).  Beyond the near inability to understand anything they said over their heavy indian accent

1) the verizon tech told me I had the oldest FIOS router, and needed to upgrade to a newer router.  Which would cost me money.  I've had the same **bleep** equipment with verizon FIOS for 7 or 8 years.  Like hell I am paying them even more for new equipment.

2) Action Tech guy came on and said no router that Verizon utilizes will allow for external hard drives.  The Seagate Wireless Plus is incompatible with Verizon's FIOS network.

That's insane.  It **bleep** me off about Verizon.  But also about Seagate, since they include no notice of that anywhere. 

0 Likes
Re: Seagate Wireless Plus -- unable to connect to FIOS Router when using IPAD
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF its truely the oldest router they will provide a free upgrade, as it does not support WPA2.  The IPAD definitly prefers WPA2.

And currently no Verizon router supports a device connected to its USB ports.

0 Likes