Verizon router, secondary router and switch
joelw1351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Verizon MI 424WR Router with my Airport Extreme base station in bridge mode connected to it.  I am short two Lan ports on the Airport Base Station. Can I connect a Ethernet switch to one of the Lan Ports on the Airport and plug the remaing two computer into the switch and still have Internet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon router, secondary router and switch
joelw1351
Enthusiast - Level 3
prisaz
Legend

@joelw1351 wrote:

I have a Verizon MI 424WR Router with my Airport Extreme base station in bridge mode connected to it.  I am short two Lan ports on the Airport Base Station. Can I connect a Ethernet switch to one of the Lan Ports on the Airport and plug the remaing two computer into the switch and still have Internet?

Yes. That should be no problem. Providing you do not plug the switch into the Actiontec that is running in bridge mode, and only plug it into the Airport.

0 Likes
joelw1351
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Airport is in bridge mode, so it is Ok to plug the switch into it, correct?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

OK so if your Airport is running in bridge mode, it must have DHCP disabled, and all the adresses are comming from the Actiontec. So yes you could plug it into any spare lan port on the Actiontec or Airport. Providing the Actiontec is the primary router hooked to the ONT.

0 Likes
joelw1351
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks that helps.