Wireless Router / Signal HELP!
meenred1

Long story short, I've just gotten to my Grandfather's house to settle his estate and his connection seems ARCHAIC.  He has a Westell modem (DSL) and I tried connecting a Cisco router to it with mediocre results.  The signal connects and disconnects constantly, and won't reach from one end of the house to the other.  Then I bought a Belkin N600 thinking that would fix the problem(s) and it's even WORSE.  Very weak signal, constantly cuts out, etc.  Do I need a Verizon specific router or something?  

I'm TOTALLY unfamiliar with Verizon internet / wireless service, as I've always used a different provider, and really need to get this issue solved as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance!

🙂 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Router / Signal HELP!
tns
Master - Level 2

You are asking in a peer to peer forum.  Actual support if you need it is via one of the contact us options.http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

As just another customer, I would say that connecting a wireless router to a westell DSL modem is really not verizon's problem (different if it was a wireless router provided by them.  Lots of different things can effect a wireless routers efficiency.  Location of router, metal or other things between the router and the wireless device.  Other router nearby trying to share the channel.  If you think other routers are near by you may want to change the channel used by the router.

0 Likes