14 Months billing of non-existing line. Cannot cancel service.
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

After moving my Verizon Services 14 months ago, I am still being charged for a phone llne that I "cancelled" and doesn't exist.   I've tried canceling this numerous times and told to disregard my bill but still nothing has changed.  Paying $16 bucks for a line that I haven't used in 14 months, plus $6 dollar charge for not using long distance on that line, , plus $15 for taxes on a something I haven't used is very frustrating.  I have a slew of confirmation numbers and promises but no action has been taken.   Customer Service tells me they haven't seen this situation before and that is where things stop. No matter what I do I cannot cancel this service on my own.   Is it possible to cancel service in my lifetime?  

Re: 14 Months billing of non-existing line. Cannot cancel service.S
bigal69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Send a letter to the P.U.C.(public utility commission)

Re: 14 Months billing of non-existing line. Cannot cancel service.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@altf4 wrote:

After moving my Verizon Services 14 months ago, I am still being charged for a phone llne that I "cancelled" and doesn't exist.   I've tried canceling this numerous times and told to disregard my bill but still nothing has changed.  Paying $16 bucks for a line that I haven't used in 14 months, plus $6 dollar charge for not using long distance on that line, , plus $15 for taxes on a something I haven't used is very frustrating.  I have a slew of confirmation numbers and promises but no action has been taken.   Customer Service tells me they haven't seen this situation before and that is where things stop. No matter what I do I cannot cancel this service on my own.   Is it possible to cancel service in my lifetime?  

0 Likes
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I'm sorry I'm having difficulty too.   Wish there was an easier way to resolve issues.   As a head's up,  contacting me by  a billing telephone number that doesn't exist isn't not going to go very well.  I haven't made a phone call on that line since October of 2010.   Why I would be billed and penalized months on end makes no sense.  To anyone?

0 Likes
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having a "bare bones" landline end up bein $42+ a month even if you don't receive or make one call.   Being charged $6.00 for not using enough long distance (no calls made at all).   Being charged $22 for the line.  Being charged $14.50 in taxes.  All for nothing.  When will it end?

0 Likes
wj3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

They told me the same thing. Yea they will reach out.............for more money. Just get used to being on hold............

0 Likes
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok.  So 1 Week has passed.   Seems customer service has given up again.  Surprise, Surprise.   Back to square one again for the fifth time. 

0 Likes
Disconnect requested over 2 years ago, AND still Cannot cancel service.
dsrobison
Enthusiast - Level 2

DON'T FEEL ALONE IF YOUR SERVICE DOESN'T GET DISCONNECTED IN A YEAR OR TWO..

XX

MY SERVICE STOPPED BILLING FOR OVER  APPROX 14 MONTHS THEN STARTED AGAIN, IN SEPT OF 2011.

I AM STILL WAITING  FOR SOMEONE TO STOP THE BILLING, & DISCONNECT THE SERVICE AS PROMISED  NOT TO MENTION THE ISSUE A CREDIT TO THE ACCT FOR THE MONTHLY CHARGES THAT ARE ADDING UP FOR SOMETHING THAT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO EVEN BE ACTIVE MUCH LESS BILLING. 

THE LAST STRAW IS THE TEMPORARY INTERRUPTION OF THE SVC  THAT  I WAS ADVISED WAS FOR NON PAYMENT , OF SOMETHING I  HAVEN'T USED IN 2 YEARS ANYWAY....AND NOW VERIZON IS WORKING ON JACKING UP MY CREDIT.

OMG... THIS IS OUTRAGEOUSLY STUPID, HOW DOES A COMPANY GET  AWAY WITH THIS CRAP !

DONT TELL ME YOUR GOING TO DO IT AND THEN NOT FOLLOW THRU TO RESOLUTION.

TO SAY I AM AN IRATE FORMER CUSTOMER IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT ...

Re: Disconnect requested over 2 years ago, AND still Cannot cancel service.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello drobison

An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

I see that you also posted about this in October. Did you have any further contact from the Verizon agent who pm'd you?

0 Likes
Re: Disconnect requested over 2 years ago, AND still Cannot cancel service.
dsrobison
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Oct 20 response that this was in the process of being resolved was from milhaus_vz 

There should be no billing either current or past, this was supposed to be disconnected over 2 years ago and any invoices from sept 2011 (oct nov dec thru the current jan 2012 ) should never have been generated. 

0 Likes