Re: Disconnect requested over 2 years ago, AND still Cannot cancel service.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You have another pm from a Verizon agent. Please supply them with the information requested, and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for posting.  Now it is 16 months and the bill is getting larger by the month.   Customer Service asked me to disregard any bills which I have, but problem has never been solved.  Good times.  As most of the "customer service" reps on the boards will tell you, they really can't do much.  You have to call customer service.  Kind of odd in the modern era of email.  You can order hundreds of dollars of services online but to cancel them you have to call.   How does that make any sense?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

0 Likes
headstamp

Pay attention to your credit rating also. Something like this can screw it up as a listed default or failure to pay.

0 Likes
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly I can't even access the account with the imaginary copper line that I am being charged $42 a month on.   When verizon "moved"  *cough* my services they split my account in two and now both are tagged to my myverizon account.  I can only access the fios account (tv/internet) and not the copper line account.  Customer service told me to ignore my bill which I have and that a correction would be in the works.   That was in November.

0 Likes
Re: 14 Months billing of non-existing line. Cannot cancel service.
altf41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally.   After 17 Months, talked with supervisor of "customer service".   This was with someone who got things done.  Instead of apologizing, this supervisor listened and was able to figure out what really happened.  When I first ordered the triple play (tv, internet, fios home phone) the fios phone was not completely installed and my old phone was also installed to my new address.  This caused the opening of a black hole in the universe and confusion soon followed. 

My advice:  Ask to speak with a customer service supervisor, if they can't help you ask for their supervisor.  This isn't rude, it's just getting your case elevated to the next level.  Eventually you will speak with someone who is able to listen and will act.

Don't give up, it took 17 months to get things on the right path but looks like this problem is coming to a close.

hevero

We keep getting billled for a cellphone we canceled in september. and for web space we do not use. let me know if you managed to straighten this out. we fix it for a month or so and then the charges creep back on...

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

hevero,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Service fees
Hodgek06

I am a new Verizon customer and about a month after installation my phone stopped working.  I called Verizon they tried everything to fix it on remotely, but did not work.  I had to make an appointment for a service tech to come out and take a look.  the Tech came the same day and said that the problem was that the installation tech put too many wires on the same telephone poll.  I don't know what that means, but he corrected it and the phone is working fin now.  What I didn't know was that I was going to be charged for one Verizon Tech correcting the mistake of another Verizon tech.  They charged me $91 dollars for this.  While I understand that service must be paid for, I am disappointed that I would have to pay after a matter of days for a mistake or problem that I did not cause.  I am now seriously considering going back to Optonline. 

0 Likes
Re: Service fees
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hodgek06,

Have you contacted Verizon Support about the charge? 

0 Likes