Adding an extra line at home for business purposes
BeachBum88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My homeowners association wants to set up a dedicated telephone line for residents to call if they need something.  However, we don't have a physical office, so the line would need to ring in one of the board members' homes.  What are the options to do this? 

A couple things to consider: 

• We'd like to get a business-sounding number (i.e. something that ends in 00 or that has two pair of repeating digits at the end) within the prefix to which most of the residents' home phones are assigned.  This shouldn't be TOO difficult, as the prefix were in is largely residential and I presume there are plenty of business-sounding numbers available.
  • Our neighborhood has all its utilities buried, and we'd prefer not to have to have anything dug up to establish the service.
  • Also, we'd like to be able to port the number at some pont in the future if needed, and I understand that Verizon does not allow distinctive ring numbers to be ported (if this is incorrect, please let me know).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Adding an extra line at home for business purposes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
I can answer the second question for you. Most phone drops coming into homes tend to have two wire pairs installed. More than likely you're using one of the two. All Verizon needs to do is connect the second pair on their end. No need to dig up anything unless the pair is bad.
0 Likes