Annoying Calls
leonep1

The downside of maintaining a home or cell phone is receiving annoying and unwanted calls.  Even if you are signed up with the Do Not Call Registry and use the call features to block calls (only 10), you still get these type calls. I used a call blocker when I was on copper and it didn't work that well.  It seems like the telephone company is is the best position of doing something about it but doesn't.  Why doesn't Verizon offer something to its customers that will allow them to receive only the calls they want.   Verizon can hardwire its switches with call blocking apparatus to make these calls a thing of the past.

0 Likes
Re: Annoying Calls
evelynsalt

I share your sentiment. I get calls like that, too, and it's frsutrating how they're able to harass everybody wil unsolicted calls and easily get away with it. 

Where can we file a complaint against them? A friend told me that these telemarketers can get penalized for violating the telemarketing regulations and they'd also be required to pay you for any damage. Is it true?

0 Likes
evelynsalt

If it is, then I have about 13 telemarketing companies to file a complaint against. I had all reported to www.callercenter.com and I can easily retrieve information about them if necessary. 

0 Likes
marc35655
Contributor - Level 1

If you are registered with donotcall.gov then you can go back to that site and click on the FILE A COMPLAINT button.

A company that already does business with you is allowed to call you but most will have a way for you to opt out.

For example Verizon has some opt-out options on this page https://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/policy/

When creating the do no call regulations the politicians exempted themselves.. Again you can try asking each to remove you from their list.

Shady companies exist that ignore all rules and are not really selling things but are trying to phish or scam you in some way. These were out of hand for a while with "credit card" or "auto warranty" scams for a while. They often spoof their numbers and change them up and will ignore any requests to remove you.

0 Likes