Bank by phone can't "hear" touch tones on Verizon digital line
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

I called my bank's bank-by-phone number to check the balance on April 30 and everything worked fine. Expecting a direct deposit, I called again the next day and their system answers but does not respond to the touch tones when I press the buttons to access account information. I know it's not a problem with the phone or the bank's computer because I tried two different phones and it didn't work, but when I called using my cellphone it did.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bank by phone can't "hear" touch tones on Verizon digital line
jonjones1
Legend

It has to be one or the other. Either your digital phone is not functioning or the banks computer system is not working as it should.

you state your cell phone can access the bank so that means something is not functioning with either your phones themselves or verizons tones are not registering properly. Test the phone from NID or ONT via a direct connection. And if it works then it is a wiring issue in your home. Then you will know how to proceed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bank by phone can't "hear" touch tones on Verizon digital line
jonjones1
Legend

It has to be one or the other. Either your digital phone is not functioning or the banks computer system is not working as it should.

you state your cell phone can access the bank so that means something is not functioning with either your phones themselves or verizons tones are not registering properly. Test the phone from NID or ONT via a direct connection. And if it works then it is a wiring issue in your home. Then you will know how to proceed.

0 Likes