BILLING NIGHTMARE!!!! HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!
Regina5286

I AM ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED WITH VERIZON!! I'VE BEEN WITH THEM FOR TWO MONTHS AFTER SWITCHING FROM COMCAST OF TEN YEARS, AND THEY REFUSE TO WORK WITH ME. AFTER THEIR REPRESENTATIVES LIED TO ME AND SOLD ME A PACKAGE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL PHONE PLAN OF $10 A MONTH AT A DISCOUNTED RATE OF 0.09 CENTS A MINUTE FOR CELL PHONE CALLS INTERNATIONALLY, THEY SEND ME A BILL FOR $776 WHEN I CALL THEM ABOUT IT THEY TELL ME THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CALLS I MADE AND THAT THEY HAVE NO NOTES OF THAT IN MY FILE THAT THE REPRESENTATIVE SOLD ME THAT PHONY INTERNATIONAL PLAN!!! NEELDESS TO SAY I AM OUTRAGED AND DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF LEAVING COMCAST AND STARTING SERVICE WITH VERIZON BUT IT IS AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!! I AM NOT PAYING A DIME UNTIL SOMEBODY CALLS ME OR EMAILS ME TO GET THESE CHARGES OFF MY BILL. WHEN I TOLD THEM TO GO THROUGH THE RECORDED PHONE CALLS TO SEE THAT THEIR REPERENSENTATIVE DID INDEED SELL ME WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR THEY WOULD GIVE ME NO SATIFACTION!!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!!! IN AN ECONOMY LIKE THIS WITH NEW CUSTOMERS!!!! I AM OUTRAGED!!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY ANYTHING EXTRA FROM VERIZON!!!!! IT WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU!!!

0 Likes
Re: BILLING NIGHTMARE!!!! HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!
neverbundleever

This does no good.. who is reading but dissatisfied customers, which I am, Verizon is too big for their britches. They could care less.. no accountability with their order takers. Promise you anything.. bill and give you the services at their whim..

0 Likes
Re: BILLING NIGHTMARE!!!! HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Regina5286 wrote:

... THEIR REPRESENTATIVES LIED TO ME AND SOLD ME A PACKAGE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL PHONE PLAN OF $10 A MONTH AT A DISCOUNTED RATE OF 0.09 CENTS A MINUTE FOR CELL PHONE CALLS INTERNATIONALLY, THEY SEND ME A BILL FOR $776  ... THEY TELL ME THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CALLS I MADE ... I AM NOT PAYING A DIME UNTIL SOMEBODY CALLS ME OR EMAILS ME TO GET THESE CHARGES OFF MY BILL ... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING EXTRA FROM VERIZON!!!!! ...

I have never heard of an international mobile phone calling plan that offers $0.09/minute rates.  However I seem to remember that Verizon does offer land line rates in that neighborhood.  Are you absolutely certain that you don't have these services confused?  Surely you have a copy of the sales transaction that you received when you purchased the service (I have received such a sales receipt for every service I've purchased from Verizon, and that covers many purchases).

I travel internationally and often for months at a time.  I use an unlocked phone with a local international SIMM card, and even though this is perhaps the most economical method for using a mobile phone for international calls, it's still quite costly and nowhere near the rate you quoted.  I must conclude that the offer you described does not seem to make sense in today's telecommunications market.  However I sincerely hope you can come to a satisfactory resolution with your carrier.  I can still feel the pain of my $800 plus bills from Bermuda and Turkey, but in fact I did make the calls, and I did have to pay up.  Good luck.
0 Likes
Re: BILLING NIGHTMARE!!!! HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! - Don't Despair, Help Exists.
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@neverbundleever wrote:

This does no good.. who is reading but dissatisfied customers ... [?]

I think that if you look a little more carefully, you will notice that there are many contributors here who have invested a great amount of time offering solutions and suggestions to help other users resolve their problems.  In fact several writers here have themselves contributed thousands of helpful posts.  It seems a shame to broad-brush their contributions as worth very little.  Best regards.

0 Likes