Billing Question
keirre
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have the flat rate service for 17.54 a month. I am looking at the Verizon Freedom plan thats $45/month. Is this $45 a month, or $45 a month + the 17 I already pay. Reason I ask is, if I can get Verizon freedom for $45 a month its what I pay for my flat rate and vonage lines combined, and Ill switch. If its 62 a month its a non-starter
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billing Question
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

It is $45 a month, but even that is misleading, because there are a flock of fees, taxes etc that get added on to the $45. Exactly how much depends upon where you live. Whatever taxes and fees you are paying on your current bill as part of the $17 will also be added to the $45. Let me quote from Verizon.com

"The monthly fee may be higher or lower based upon the plan components you choose and/or your geographic location and do not include any equipment charges, taxes, fees, other surcharges.."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

It is $45 a month, but even that is misleading, because there are a flock of fees, taxes etc that get added on to the $45. Exactly how much depends upon where you live. Whatever taxes and fees you are paying on your current bill as part of the $17 will also be added to the $45. Let me quote from Verizon.com

"The monthly fee may be higher or lower based upon the plan components you choose and/or your geographic location and do not include any equipment charges, taxes, fees, other surcharges.."

0 Likes
keirre
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in MD and the taxes are outright ridiculous, that 17 dollar service comes out to about 30, but still Im paying about the same taxes on vonage.. the 28 dollar difference is competitive considering the headache of two separate phone lines and not being able to send faxes on the one with L/D.

Thx

0 Likes