Re: Call Assistant fee???
Justin46
Legend

I don't think it is nationwide, I have it active on my PC right now and it logged a call a short time ago.

When you go to the link posted earlier, you don't see the "Activate Your Verizon Call Assistant Account" link right under the login? I see it there, and at that point I am not signed in so I presume it doesn't know where I am. I clicked on it and it started the sign-up process, wanted my phone number. Huh???? Strange....

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
markhil
Enthusiast - Level 1
When I try to register I got this,called the busines office and was told it's not available.     Alert   We are sorry. You have not ordered Verizon Call Assistant,     
or your order has not been processed yet.
      If you have already ordered Verizon Call Assistant, you will
receive an email notification when the order has been
completed.
      If you have not yet ordered Verizon Call Assistant, please
contact the Verizon Business Office.

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant
hydroron
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm up and running. Got the letter about signing up and the download went smooth. sonce my phone is on a Freedom account, Verizon said there's no cahrge.
0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant
markhil
Enthusiast - Level 1

It finally became available in my area a few days ago.  I'm up and running now on several different PC.  Cool program.

0 Likes
Bolt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree it's a cool feature.  Enterprise phone systems have offered similar internet links for call traffic/voicemail for some time, but extending it to residential phones promises to be very useful.

When I signed up, I also recall that Verizon indicated the feature is free, and I'm reassured that is the case by earlier responses (thanks for the research).  (I, too, subscribe to the Freedom Essentials service).  But I do think that the confirmation letter I received from Verizon a few days ago, signed by Edward L. Googe, Director, Voice Product Management, is confusing on this score (which, in my experience, is quite characteristic of written communications from Verizon).  The letter identifies the new service (Verizon Call Assistant), and then states: "All monthly service charges are billed one month in advance . . . [Y]our first bill will include both charges for the upcoming month of service and the pro-rated charge for the first partial month of service . . ."

If Verizon offers customers a free service, why would it then send them a confirmation letter with an extended discussion of how fees for the service will be billed?  Frankly, careless, neglectful, confusing and/or inaccurate statements such as this in Verizon's letters are surprisingly poor business practice.  Verizon seems to have a poorly designed system for internally tracking and classifying the billing categories into which its customers fall, and sometimes fails to customize customer communications appropriately and accurately as a result.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Bolt,

I signed up for Call Assistant on Aug 3rd. I have received several bills from Verizon since then, nothing appears on the bill related to Call Assistant, my bill is exactly what I think it should be. Also, the letter I received from Verizon confirming my adding Call Assistant clearly says the "Monthly Rate" for the service is".00". My letter was not signed by anybody though, FWTW.

I agree, the way the letter is worded, Verizon could at some time in the future decide to charge for the service, but if they do I think they have to give you at least a 30 day advance notice, and like I suspect many would, I would immediately call and cancel. I think the wording in the letter is just boilerplate, standard stuff for any order, free or not. I like the service, but it is not worth any extra money to me to have it.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX 

0 Likes