Call message center answers instead of greeting
sherman315
Enthusiast - Level 2

When my # is called it starts at the message center as opposed to the greeting. It ask the called to redial the #. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Call message center answers instead of greeting
msitison

I have no answers...but i have the exact same problem.  Started happening about 5 days ago, personal message returned for 1 day, now back to "call message center" answering.  And I'm not receiving VM because of it (no one wants to have to retype in my full phone # including area code to leave a message).

So Verizon.....any ideas?

0 Likes
Bop1

I have been experiencing call message center answering in stead of greeting.  The phones indicate a message is waiting; however, there is none there.  Any ideas of what can be done to correct the issue?

0 Likes
Bop1

I JUST SPENT APPROXIMATELY 45 MINUTES WITH A SO CALLED AGENT FROM VERIZON AND HE WAS UNABLE TO ASSIST ME.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW.  BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR BECAUSE I AM CONSIDERING GOING BACK WITH COMCAST. 

0 Likes
Lauratwallace1

I am having the same problem.   I called support tonight and after 15 minutes on the phone was told that they recently upgraded the system.   I asked when this problem would be fixed and the reply I got was that this is how it will work from now on.   That can't possibly be right because if it is I can't imagine who will keep Verizon phone service.   I will most certainly change providers if this is not repaired in the next day or two.   Ridiculous!

0 Likes