Caller ID name wrong
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently got a new mobile number which appears to have belonged to someone else in the past, as that's the name that Verizon landline (FiOS digital voice) service sends along with the number for Caller ID purposes when I call a Verizon landline number.

I've asked Verizon to fix their database to either clear out the old name or correct it so my name shows up when calling, but they say they can't do anything because it's not a Verizon number. I know this is wrong, as the terminating carrier is the one that sends along the name with the number when completing a call, so it's only Verizon that can fix this, since the correct name is listed when I look up my number on calleridtest.com.

Since Verizon refuses to fix their incorrect data and continues to send the old name with my number to their landline customers when I call, I'll have to open a complaint with the FCC in hopes that this will get Verizon to fix their problem. I've already escalated it as far as possible and had their "supervisor support" team claim that their network team told them that I need to contact my wireless provider... but that's clearly wrong as they've already put the correct info out, and Verizon is just not pulling it in.

If someone at Verizon reading this could just fix the problem, I'll cancel the FCC complaint.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID name wrong
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ehagberg,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes