Caller ID on the TV
sjm6

I recently quit Comcast and switched over to Verizon.  One of the features I liked with Comcast (with their triple-play package) was seeing the phone number of an incoming call appear on the TV like caller ID.  Does Verizon have such a service.  I have the Verizon TV, Phone, and Internet package.   Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on the TV
prisaz
Legend

@sjm wrote:

I recently quit Comcast and switched over to Verizon.  One of the features I liked with Comcast (with their triple-play package) was seeing the phone number of an incoming call appear on the TV like caller ID.  Does Verizon have such a service.  I have the Verizon TV, Phone, and Internet package.   Thanks.

Yes it must be enabled under the settings.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
That's right. Press menu> settings > caller I'd > check availability
Lexiebell

My service is enabled under my "menu" option, but I am not getting notified of incoming calls.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

from time to time it will stop communicating. 

so you have to re-initialize the communication.

most people find that the easiest way to do that is to do the following three steps.

1. Disable Caller ID Alerts (menu > settings > Caller ID > Display Alerts = OFF)
  2. Reboot the STB Cable Box (menu > settings > customer support > in home agent > reboot set top box)
  3. Enable the Caller ID Alerts  (menu > settings > Caller ID > Display Alerts = ON)
jpruzins

Does this need to be done for every set top box in the house or does setting up caller ID on one box apply to all systems in the house?

Jessica

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

First time set up is on a per box basis.  so you would have to enable it on each box.

the fix if it stops working, is something you would do on the box that is having a problem.

0 Likes