Caller ID Time
Yenco
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

I have a few caller ID boxes that display the time when they are not displaying an incoming call or when I'm not going through the call log they store.  The time is automatically set when a new call comes in.  Now of course we just had the time switch off of EDT here and have gone back to EST.  Well, I just had a call come in and the caller ID is still showing the EDT time.  When I check the log the call is tagged with the EDT time.

I've never seen this happen before.  I assume that Verizon must have some automated system in place to reset the clocks (or do you actually manually set this?)  In either event, the clock is wrong.  Hope you can get this fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID Time
Yenco
Contributor - Level 2

Just had a call at around 9:30 AM today from someone and the Caller ID time finally updated.  Hopefully if anyone else was having this problem it is now working for them as well (I don't know how widespread the issue was).

The Verizon tech I spoke with yesterday to report the issue didn't seem to know much about Caller ID and had to keep putting me on hold to go talk to someone else.  He also was supposed to send me an email when the issue was fixed (Haven't seen anything except a generic followup thanking me for contacting Verizon which for some inexplicable reason was sent to me in Spanish).

Maybe if there is someone around here on the forums that understands how the Caller ID system works at Verizon FiOS you could provide some more details?  For example, it would be nice to see a simple explanation of what went wrong, how it was fixed and most importantly if the fix is permanent or do we have to look forward to the caller ID clocks being an hour off for more than a day the next time DST takes effect?

0 Likes