Can I plug my fax machine into my fios router?
nelsont1

I need to transfer my office fax machine and fax number to my home.

At the office I have an HP all in one that is about 5 years old. It is connected to an analog telephone line.

At home I have Fios TVone with gigabit internet and phone service. BUT I do not have a phone. AND there are NO phone jacks at all in the entire house. And oh BTW Verizon is not sending technicians out during the COVID-19 crisis.

Verizon has told me twice over the phone the current fax number will work with my fios service. I just need to cancel my analog service and pay and add the line to my fios service for 9.99/month. Though one person told me it would take a couple days for the number to switch over the other told me 24 hours.

Can I plug my fax machine into my router and expect it to work with my analog number once the switch has been made?

Side note...just to preempt all the why are you using fax in 2020 responses I work with medical insurance and the industry requires the use of fax for sending records. Email is not allowed in most cases.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I plug my fax machine into my fios router?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. When you move the number to your house the dial tone will be on the ONT. If the ONT is in your basement you can connect the fax directly to the ONT’s voice port. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. When you move the number to your house the dial tone will be on the ONT. If the ONT is in your basement you can connect the fax directly to the ONT’s voice port. 

0 Likes
nelsont1

The ONT is in my living room sitting directly on top of the router inside the TV stand. I will give this a try. Thanks!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perfect. Whenever your order date is for the phone line you should have dial on the one of the voice ports on you ONT. 

0 Likes