Can't find anyone to "port" my old number
sayjay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope someone here can help me find a VerizonFiOS representative who will actually be able to help me. After many hours on chat and many phone calls, I still have no phone service or have found any answers as how to correct my problem. Long story short:

I moved from OH to FL with the confirmation my OH number could be transferred to my FL address. This was also confirmed that it was possible with calls to CenturyLink which was my OHio provider.

Signed up with Verizon online on June 30. I have all the order numbers and account numbers and all looks correct.

TV & internet installed (and working properly) as scheduled on July 12 - told phone may take a week to get transferred.

Several calls last week an was told it may take 2 weeks.

After many phone calls today I find out today that "my order is in process but some information is incorrect". This person did not have the ability to correct the information but did give me 4 phone numbers to try to get help.

972-{edited for privacy} was out of service!

972-{edited for privacy} answering service and left message

972-{edited for privacy}                            "

817-{edited for privacy} nothing - rings a few times and then nothing

So, my information is "incorrect" and my order is "in process". That still leaves me VERY frustrated and no one to contact to make the required corrections.

CAN ANYONE HERE LEAD ME TO SOMEONE TO PROVIDE HONEST REPUTABLE SERVICE AND HELP?

Thank you very much for any replies and giving me the opportunity to rant and possibly prevent this from happening to someone else.

SAYJAY

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't find anyone to "port" my old number
sayjay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rachel - Thank you very much for your help!

J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sayjay,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning sayjay,

We worked hard on getting this resolved for you and sorry for the delay in doing so. Our team was able to port this old number over to the service and restore your dial tone. We are closing your private support case with a resolution. If you have any more questions, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you and have a great day,

Rachel_VZ

sayjay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rachel - Thank you very much for your help!

J

0 Likes