Charge for National Directory Assistance
TheGoldenRule1

This charge occasionally shows up on my bill and I have no idea what it is. I would like the charge removed from my bill. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charge for National Directory Assistance
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calls to Directory Assistance might be billable. I haven't called DA for quite a while now.

I would suggest contacting Verizon's Business Office to see if that is, indeed, the situation.

Receiving calls from telemarketers wouldn't cause that charge to appear. If your mom calls DA every time one of them calls then the charge could be legit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChampionLine

I get charged this every bill as well, and we don't even have a phone line. We have a landline that's directly connected to an alarm system. And I doubt the alarm is calling for directory assistance. 

0 Likes
IAPD30001

Hello, I am new here at this forum.

I am doing this because My mom doesn't know how to use the internet and having a hard problem with her vision. She pays Verizon for the internet and phone services. I just check the account for the next bill and it somehow went up over $100.  I downloaded that bill on the PDF file, then downloaded a previous bill that we paid for last month , which was less than $100. I tried to compare the two bill and they added something new in our new bill: It reads:

"Your One-Time Activities:
National Directory Assistance 1 @ 2.99 2.99"

That info was new to us. I don't know what it is and why it is there. However, we kept getting strange phone calls from people who asking about my mom's medical health insurance. Some person with a foreign accent. WE didn't call them! They called us, continuously! I bet that's why this charge is added to our bill. Is their anyway that I could talk to someone for help? And explain to me what are these charges why?

Thanks!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calls to Directory Assistance might be billable. I haven't called DA for quite a while now.

I would suggest contacting Verizon's Business Office to see if that is, indeed, the situation.

Receiving calls from telemarketers wouldn't cause that charge to appear. If your mom calls DA every time one of them calls then the charge could be legit.

0 Likes