Charged $772 in Directory Assistance calls. FALSE CHARGES.
grizze0628

We were charged for $772 in Directory Assistance calls. Here is the catch, we never purchased a phone to connect to the phone jack. Not sure how we can make phone calls when you don't own a physical phone to make a phone call. My wife and I use our cell phones for all our calling needs and only accepted the bundle deal since it wouldn't cost us any extra and we could use it for our alarm system. We have never had an issue with Verizon until now. The first call we placed to Verizon was to disucss the situation and were informed a claim would be made and someone would get back to us. In the meantime a lady in the accounting/refund department was kind enough to refund us the payment we made of over $1,000 (yes that is correct over $1,000). Then no one ever proceeded to call us back and we figured the issue was resolved until the next billing cycle. We found out the issue still remained so we proceeded to call about the issue a second time. The rep was able to remove the charges and determined our issue was deemed solved and would no longer have to worry about this charge. Also, she credited our account for the $50 in taxes we had to pay for the $772 in directory assistance called we never made in the first place. She also proceeded to inform us that our 2 year renewal was fastly apprroaching. We stated we didn't want to talk about renewing until the issue was solved and she said the bill had been adjusted and if we logged in to our account we would see the changes. We refreshed and the bill was adjusted. We thought that was the end of this dreaded $772 amount. NOPE. Now that we are in our new cycle the charges continue to appear. So we proceeded to call Verizon again to confront ourselves with a rude and degrading customer service support, not only by the first representative we spoke to but also her manager Ms. Olan (who upon request stated that Verizon Customer Support employees do not have an employer ID number - something other Customer Support employees have provided to us beforehand). She talked to us like we were **bleep** and that we didn't understand what the difference was between a bill adjustment and a claim. She said it did not matter what we thought and that it appeared we owed the money regardless. After a lot of yelling by me due to the frustrations of once again being told I owed the money regardless, I was put on hold for the third time. No idea why I was put on hold for 5 mins, but this tends to be a theme everytime I call to resolve my issues. Last time we checked my wife and I don't work at Verizon and that it's not our job to make sure things are done properly. We are CUSTOMERS and expect to be taken care of just like we take care of the company by ensuring our bill is paid and continuing to use their services. My wife and I are now contacting other departments to conduct our own research on how to remove these charges that were never made by us. We also checked our account online to see if any outgoing calls and you will see ZERO outgoing calls. After spending over 4-5 hours on the phone we have no other option but to post on this forum to get any feedback from other verizon customers. Has anyone ever been able to get the issue resovled? Verizon customer service doesn't seem to be of any help. How did you end up getting the issue resolved? We have until 03 DEC 2014 to cancel before our new plan kicks in and we are forced to call Cox. I am hoping to get this resolved before then!

0 Likes
Re: Charged $772 in Directory Assistance calls. FALSE CHARGES.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Emzzz
I am currently having this exact issue, although not to the extent of yours. I do not and have never had a landline phone connected to the jack in the house. The landline came bundled with our internet. We use our cell phones for our calling needs. The landline is totally unused. My bill itemizaton reflects this. I went to pay my bill a little bit ago and discovered charges for six directory assistance calls that I never made. I refuse to pay this. My only concern, after reading all the horror stories of Verizon's customer service on these forums, is if my issue will actually be resolved. Which seems like the lesser of two evils: calling them or trying to get this figured out online? Ugh. If they didn't cram these charges to begin with, there wouldn't even be an issue to resolve. You know, "Don't start none, won't be none..." something like that.
0 Likes
coaleagle

same here being charged with directory asst charges and no on from this house is using it but do have alarm system also but so far no help from Verizon but just started here 3 months ago been customer with Verizon for many yrs  but ready to pay penalty and cancel everything from Verizon

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi coaleagle,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes