Charged for Directory Assistance
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

For the last two months we have been charged for directory assistance ($1.50 each month-one a month). We don't use directory assistance as we can easily find any phone numbers we need by using the internet. Is anyone else having this problem? These two charges were taken off as a courtesy when we complained but won't any longer be taken off. We were told we must be accidently dialing O (Operator), 411, or 555-1212. How could anyone accidently call those numbers?

Holly 

0 Likes
Re: Charged for Directory Assistance
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles with your service. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
autowood1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an charge for $2.49 for directory assistance. Only my Dad and I live in this house and neither of us called any form of directory assistance. I was told that as a courtesy Verizon would take it off this time but not if it happened again. Better not happen again or we are switching back to Time Warner. The automated obstacle course I had to go through was brutal. When I finally got to speak with a person instead of a machine, I was put on a lengthy hold while the agent had to get my credit of $2.49 approved. I think Verizon sticks these charges in from time to time just to squeeze every nickel they can from the customer. I've also had problems with the salesmen(women) in the Wireless stores making promises about bills not increasing that were completely false. When you call, you get this run around saying that the first month is prorated. By the time you get the real bill, it it too late to do anything about it. I'm very unhappy with Verizon both Fios and Wireless billing policies. By the time I realized my wireless bill had gone up $45 a month when I switched to 4G, it was too late to get my unlimited data package back. Shame on Verizon. Sham, scam slam. 

I'm not the only one with these complaints. I have other friends who are equally dissapointed by Verizon. 

weezie42

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Customer Service Rep regarding erroneous "Directory Assistance Calls" charges on my most recent Verizon bill.  I was told that Verizon cannot credit my account for these charges despite the fact that I did not make the calls.  I live alone and do not make this type of call - everything I need for phone numbers is on line!  I will be deducting these charges from my next payment!  I was told to call Directory Assistance for an adjustment - then, of course, Verizon will charge me for that call!  Has anyone had an issue with this?  And, how did you solve it?  HELP!!!!!  

@autowood wrote:

I received an charge for $2.49 for directory assistance. Only my Dad and I live in this house and neither of us called any form of directory assistance. I was told that as a courtesy Verizon would take it off this time but not if it happened again. Better not happen again or we are switching back to Time Warner. The automated obstacle course I had to go through was brutal. When I finally got to speak with a person instead of a machine, I was put on a lengthy hold while the agent had to get my credit of $2.49 approved. I think Verizon sticks these charges in from time to time just to squeeze every nickel they can from the customer. I've also had problems with the salesmen(women) in the Wireless stores making promises about bills not increasing that were completely false. When you call, you get this run around saying that the first month is prorated. By the time you get the real bill, it it too late to do anything about it. I'm very unhappy with Verizon both Fios and Wireless billing policies. By the time I realized my wireless bill had gone up $45 a month when I switched to 4G, it was too late to get my unlimited data package back. Shame on Verizon. Sham, scam slam. 

I'm not the only one with these complaints. I have other friends who are equally dissapointed by Verizon. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi weezie42,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

weezie42,

We're glad that everything was sorted out. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes