Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Connect new phone line to ONT

SOLVED
jhuesmann
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Connect new phone line to ONT

Message 1 of 2
(864 Views)

I have my ONT in the basement; it has this block connected to it.

IMG_6015.JPG

There are two phone jack cables plugged into the ONT (L1 and L2 ports); the other ends are sealed into the back of the pictured block, into the L1 and L2 sets of clamps.  There are blue and blue/white wires connected to one of the L1 clamps (orange and orange/white are free).  I assume the blue+white wires run to the rest of the house phone wiring.

I would like to add another phone jack in the basement close to the ONT.  Is it as simple as connecting a phone jack to one of the other L1 clamps—are all the L1 clamps interconnected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Connect new phone line to ONT

Message 2 of 2
(859 Views)

The picture is in queue for Moderator approval.

To add a new jack to the existing line, locate a free White/Blue position on the block, insert the wires going to the new jack, close the clips and you should be good to go. 🙂

If a second landline is ordered, Verizon will provision it to the L2 jack on the ONT.

The line would then appear on the White/Orange side of the block. From there, you would attach the wire pairs to bring the service to the various telephone jacks. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Connect new phone line to ONT

Message 2 of 2
(860 Views)

The picture is in queue for Moderator approval.

To add a new jack to the existing line, locate a free White/Blue position on the block, insert the wires going to the new jack, close the clips and you should be good to go. 🙂

If a second landline is ordered, Verizon will provision it to the L2 jack on the ONT.

The line would then appear on the White/Orange side of the block. From there, you would attach the wire pairs to bring the service to the various telephone jacks. 🙂

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title