Connect new phone line to ONT
jhuesmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my ONT in the basement; it has this block connected to it.

There are two phone jack cables plugged into the ONT (L1 and L2 ports); the other ends are sealed into the back of the pictured block, into the L1 and L2 sets of clamps.  There are blue and blue/white wires connected to one of the L1 clamps (orange and orange/white are free).  I assume the blue+white wires run to the rest of the house phone wiring.

I would like to add another phone jack in the basement close to the ONT.  Is it as simple as connecting a phone jack to one of the other L1 clamps—are all the L1 clamps interconnected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connect new phone line to ONT
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The picture is in queue for Moderator approval.

To add a new jack to the existing line, locate a free White/Blue position on the block, insert the wires going to the new jack, close the clips and you should be good to go. 🙂

If a second landline is ordered, Verizon will provision it to the L2 jack on the ONT.

The line would then appear on the White/Orange side of the block. From there, you would attach the wire pairs to bring the service to the various telephone jacks. 🙂

View solution in original post

Re: Connect new phone line to ONT
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The picture is in queue for Moderator approval.

To add a new jack to the existing line, locate a free White/Blue position on the block, insert the wires going to the new jack, close the clips and you should be good to go. 🙂

If a second landline is ordered, Verizon will provision it to the L2 jack on the ONT.

The line would then appear on the White/Orange side of the block. From there, you would attach the wire pairs to bring the service to the various telephone jacks. 🙂