Cordless Phones and Fios
wrushford

Are there any cordless phones out there that work with Verizon FIOs?

I replaced my Panasonic 5.8 ghz with a Panasonic DECT6 and niether cordless works on FIOs. No dial tone.

Verizon refuses to say which cordless phones will work.  After much arm twisting they did tell me that Panasonic phones won't work. 

I exchanged the Panasonic for a VTec DECT6. Guess what... it doesn't work either. It's ridiculous. 

I repeat... are there any cordless phones out there that work with Verizon FIOs?

0 Likes
Re: Cordless Phones and Fios
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Are you trying more than 1 phone jack? Does a regular phone work in the jack you are trying to use? Some Panasonics don't work but the V-tech should.
0 Likes
wrushford
I've tried other jacks with no luck. The ATT hard wired phone works. The Panasonics and VTech cordless get no dial tone. Any ideas?
0 Likes
almahix
Enthusiast - Level 2
I use a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone system on my FIOS phone line and it works fine. Perhaps you could try connecting the base station directly into the ONT phone jack and see if it works that way.
0 Likes
donaldm823
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use a Motorola MD 700 base station and 7 extension cordless and my Verizon FIOS house phone works fine
0 Likes
texastown
I have Panasonic 5.8 GHZ phones, 4 handsets and one base station and they work fine. There may be some other problem with your phone connection, get Verizon out there to check out your wiring.
Message Edited by texastown on 08-11-2008 11:53 AM
0 Likes
GSnicker
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have a Uniden 5.8 GHZ wireless phone and it works fine...
0 Likes