Dangerously low sagging phone line
Livprov31
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a phone line hanging down behind my house. It is dangerously low, as I could touch it if I wanted to. It has been unraveling closer and closer to the ground for the past year. I am getting sick and tired of not being able to reach anyone who will do anything about the issue. I saw a few people say they had better luck on here than via calling customer service. 

Re: Dangerously low sagging phone line
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. This should be handled by verizon but the above agencies can get them moving. 

Livprov31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called them when I first noticed it sagging a year ago. The guy who came out said it’s not their wire so it’s not their problem and told me to call the phone/cable company. Called them and they said it’s not their problem and to call the PSC. No one wants to claim responsibility for it. My neighbor told me they also found out through a number of calls that it belongs to Verizon. But of course, I can’t reach anyone who cares to take responsibility for it and fix it before someone gets hurt.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Livprov31,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes