Deactivating Voice Mail
critchers

The final step in this nightmare with Verizon is that I did NOT want "Call Waiting" or "Voice Mail".  They tell me these are both disconnected, but......when someone phones me and I am on another call, they get "Verizon Voice Message Service", which tell them to press * or redial the number they were calling.  If they press *, they are told to enter the telephone number they are calling with area code (thus my number).  They are then told this phone is not in service.  In the past week, working with this issue & other phone/internet issues, I have spent anywhere from 11-12 hrs on the phone with techs, depts, music, etc.  They tell me I have no voice mail, yet my friends/family are getting this message.  I cannot login to any voice mail to change anything myself. 

All of this occurred because my mother passed away & we needed to change the name on the account.  We live in the same house & wanted to keep the same phone number that we'd had for years.  No person who has had to face the death of a loved one should be hassled this way.  But on the other hand, "No One" should have to go through this to get issues resolved.  We pay enough for service to be treated like "customers" not folk that have no feelings!

0 Likes
Re: Deactivating Voice Mail
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello critchers

We are sorry you are encountering this problem. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
critchers

I sure hope "someone" can contact me & resolve this issue.  If the company had accepted a faxed death certicate to change the name on the account & made no changes, this would not have happened.  In the process, I also lost 2 email accts. (that I created myself & had used for over a year).  Like I said at first, this has been a "VERIZON Nightmare".  Somewhere something is NOT fixed appropriately regardless of what your system says.

0 Likes
critchers

As of 10:44 EST, NO ONE from Verizon has tried to contact me to settle this issue.  I guess they would like me to go to the local news media & let them know how Verizon really treats their customers.

0 Likes