Digital Voice display on TV from MRDVR or STB?
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently noticed the option in the menu on te MRDVR and STB's.  When I select FIOS Digital Voice, then press OK on any of the 3 choices to set up, I get a message that we're not subscribed to Digital Voice. 

We've had FIOS with digital voice for several years.  I've searched and the few times this has come up, the solution was taken offline.

What do I need to do to manage Digital Voice on the MRDVR or STB on the TV screen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Digital Voice display on TV from MRDVR or STB?
Justin46
Legend

@JKennedy wrote:

I recently noticed the option in the menu on te MRDVR and STB's.  When I select FIOS Digital Voice, then press OK on any of the 3 choices to set up, I get a message that we're not subscribed to Digital Voice. 

We've had FIOS with digital voice for several years.  I've searched and the few times this has come up, the solution was taken offline.

What do I need to do to manage Digital Voice on the MRDVR or STB on the TV screen?

I see we are in the same area (DFW, I am in Keller). I renewed my bundle and got Digital Voice about two weeks ago, the STB interface works just fine for me on my multi-room DVR and one HD STB, have not tried it on the other. And I did not do anything, it just started working (I had previously tried the Menu selection before getting Digital Voice and I got the same error you are now getting).

Are you sure you really have Digital Voice? I didn't think it had been available in the DFW area for that long because Verizon started rolling out Digital Voice in selected other areas and then stopped completely, I think to address some technical issues.

If you log into My Verizon ==> Services ==> Services Overview does it show there that you really have Digital Voice? If so I guess the only thing I can suggest is that you call support or use Chat to try to get it resolved.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JKennedy wrote:

I see we are in the same area (DFW, I am in Keller). I renewed my bundle and got Digital Voice about two weeks ago, the STB interface works just fine for me on my multi-room DVR and one HD STB, have not tried it on the other. And I did not do anything, it just started working (I had previously tried the Menu selection before getting Digital Voice and I got the same error you are now getting).

Are you sure you really have Digital Voice? I didn't think it had been available in the DFW area for that long because Verizon started rolling out Digital Voice in selected other areas and then stopped completely, I think to address some technical issues.

If you log into My Verizon ==> Services ==> Services Overview does it show there that you really have Digital Voice? If so I guess the only thing I can suggest is that you call support or use Chat to try to get it resolved.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin,

Yes, you've helped me before too.  Smiley Wink

Actually I just figured out "Digital Voice" is the name of the new phone service, not just a description of the FIOS phone service.  So no, we don't actualy have Digital Voice after all.  I do need to relok at our plan if I can get the TV line up comparison to actually load.  Grr.  It's funny how poor the customer interface with Verizon.net is.  It's no wonder people don't use it.  I'm still waiting for Verizon to figure out where our "inbox" is so we can retieve all the support email replies sent there.  LOL

Thanks again!

0 Likes