Does having "Distinctive Ring" feature block the availability to use VCA
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

Every time I try to download VCA I get the message that it is not available at my location - I used to have it but when I got "distinctive ring " feature  it stopped working - now every time I try to redownload it I get the not available message.  does anyone here know if Distinctive Ring does stop the use of VCA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does having "Distinctive Ring" feature block the availability to use VCA
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@ggma1126 wrote:

Ok thanks   guess when CID on Fios is available in Delaware I will have to remove Distinctive Ring feature to use it

Very definitely Caller ID on TV will not work with Distinctive Ring. And I am pretty sure that Caller ID on TV is currently available in Delaware.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin  I am in VHO8  not yet available here at least my 6416 box does not show it in the menu - I just removed distinctive ring from my line hopefully now I will be able to install VCA 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello ggma1126,  Unfortunately Distinctive Ring does not work on VCA and that why you are getting the unavailable message now.  Sorry for any inconvience this has caused you. 

Lori

Verizon Telecom

Fiber Solutions Center

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

Ok thanks   guess when CID on Fios is available in Delaware I will have to remove Distinctive Ring feature to use it

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ggma1126 wrote:

Very definitely Caller ID on TV will not work with Distinctive Ring. And I am pretty sure that Caller ID on TV is currently available in Delaware.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@ggma1126 wrote:

Keller, TX 76248

Justin  I am in VHO8  not yet available here at least my 6416 box does not show it in the menu - I just removed distinctive ring from my line hopefully now I will be able to install VCA 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ggma1126 wrote:

I am not familiar with where various towns are in Deleware or what area VHO8 covers, but here is a post I copied from the Caller ID on TV thread at dslreports (the same thread you have posted in over there):

said by lets456  :

In VHO8, have not had one single problem with CID.

Now it is certainly possible that it is available in VHO8 in only certain central offices, I don't know. But it does appear that the service is available in at least part of VHO8. I suggest you pull the power plug to reboot the DVR and take another look, maybe the option will appear. I assume you know the option appears in the Settings part of the Menu.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I am in Delaware and I don't believe it is available here yet  - as others in DE  and or parts of PA  don't have yet but will try the reboot option just in case 

0 Likes