Re: EMAIL ALERTS FROM FIOSADMIN@VERIZON.COM
Hubrisnxs
Legend

888-483-5156  give the Call assistant guys another call.   It's technically coming from myverizon.com, but you can't enable or disable it.   only verizon can disable it.  even if you block it in your webmail - it is considered an alert, and bypasses the filter.   i think outlook can block it, so for those of you with outlook, or a similiar email program, just use that to block it.  but webmail users can not block it.   call the call assistant guys,  they should be now helping out with that.      the e-center is the real place to handle it, but the guys over there are SUPER hit and miss,   like one in ten guys will even know what you are talking about. 

ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I have digital voice and have not seen this type of email - I have call notification turned off now but when I did have it turned of the messages came from this email address Verizon FiOS Notifications <noreply@verizon.net> not FiosAdmin

0 Likes
dan-b

I had this problem a while back and now it's come again without my request.  Very annoying.  I don't see any place to turn it off and am having problems even finding a contact number for customer service.  I'm going to start looking for other internet/phone/tv options.  I don't have the time to deal with this kind of frustration.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

just call them they can disable it for you.    it's not immediate, but they will take your report and call you when they are done disabling it.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

*BUMP*

I too have been having same issues.  I installed Verizon Call Assistant for the heck of it, but I never put that email address into that program nor did I ever enable that feature.

I gave that 1-888-483-5156 a try, called & spoke to a rep from "Verizon ITS", who said that he needs to create a ticket to the engineers & they should have it removed within 48 business hours (I think that's what I heard), but being Friday, could take up till next Wednesday, not too bad!  The wait time was EXCEPTIONALLY quick, don't bother calling 1-800-VERIZON, as they'd be more confused as you are as to why the email alerts are spontaneously appearing (and believe me, I live w/ my in-laws, and with them, and their other son & daughter (adults & moved out), they have debt collectors/creditors calling up in here ALL THE TIME.  I don't appreciate getting 200+ emails every few days ahahahha

JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

UPDATE:

The emails (and murderous feelings) have gone away!!  That's how you get it cleared!

WOO HOO, Verizon is the best.  (I'm speaking w/out an ounce of sarcasm).  I'd never go anywhere else for landline/data/video/wireless service.

dbarndt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just talked to the same reps and had the same experience.

They told me the alerts were turned on when I combined my verizon.net and verizon.com accounts, or something to that effect.  I do recall getting prompted for and doing this some time ago, and I've been getting these annoying e-mail alerts for quite a while.  So it's a possible explanation.

Anyway, hoping this takes care of it once and for all.

0 Likes
MT73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having same issue (have had for many months) and can't turn it off.  I log into the link you provided and it takes me to what appears to be an advertsing page, with a paragraph under Calling Features, but there is no link to click.

I have Verizon FIOS phone service; couldn't tell you if it is the Digital Voice service or not.  I did not specifically order that (almost a year ago) if it was an optioned selection.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@MT73 wrote:

I'm having same issue (have had for many months) and can't turn it off.  I log into the link you provided and it takes me to what appears to be an advertsing page, with a paragraph under Calling Features, but there is no link to click.

I have Verizon FIOS phone service; couldn't tell you if it is the Digital Voice service or not.  I did not specifically order that (almost a year ago) if it was an optioned selection.

Any help appreciated.

If you go to this site and have digital voice, you can adjust that setting yourself.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/

If you do not have digital voice, and had signed up for Verizon Call Assistant, the same could have happened to you that I had happen. I now have digital voice and I can change it myseff.

VCA help number (888-483-5156) May have changed. I had to make a number of attempts to stop these emails to my verizon.net account. At the time I did not have it enabled on VCA, and did not have digital voice. Let us know if this information is helpful, and how you make out with your issue.

0 Likes