Feature Request: FiOS Digital Voice use online Phone Book to show Known Names for Cells
TigerG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Caller ID on my Verizon Fios Landline often just shows "Wireless Caller". I understand that this is what is provided by the Caller ID servers to Verizon. But it should be possible to have Verizon FIOS lookup the number in the FiOS Digital Voice online Phone Book and show in the Caller ID field on the landline phone a name for that number that it finds in the FiOS Digital Voice online Phone Book. Otherwise I don't see a real need for the FiOS Digital Voice online Phone Book.

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request: FiOS Digital Voice use online Phone Book to show Known Names for Cells
CarlS18912

I totally agree with you. I have had several VoIP vendors over the last 15-20 years and all of them have been able to do this with out a hitch. I have even had stand-alone cordless telephone systems tha were able to find numbers in their limited length phonebooks and present the names. Right now, I have Ooma on another line and it is able to accomplish this task without issue.

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request: FiOS Digital Voice use online Phone Book to show Known Names for Cells
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes