FiOS Digital Voice 'Incoming Anonymous Call Block' stops outgoing calls!
Costa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a problem with outgoing calls getting blocked since 3 July and no one at Verizon has been able to solve this issue.  It's a programming issue for sure, I just hoped by posting this someone could let me know if they found a person within Verizon that actually helped them solve it.

Symptoms: 

1. When Anonymous Call blocking is active, outgoing calls to one specific Area Code get blocked. 
  2. When adding in specific numbers to also block, either the entire outgoing call gets blocked or just a few additional Area Codes get blocked.

During call initiation for either scenario above, the result for the dialing person is about 10 seconds of silence, then a recording saying the number you have dialed is not in service. 

Verizon has admitted it is a problem, they thought (several times) they had it resolved.  There is a work around however it involved not using a service I'm paying for: turning off the Incoming Call Block feature completely.  Who wants all the solicitation calls?  Not me...

I will go on yet another 1-2 hour hold session today with Verizon to yet again give Level 2 a chance, however I do hope someone out there has experienced this and found a 'secret sauce' solution or a specific way to escalate the trouble so it gets fixed.  If you have please share it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice 'Incoming Anonymous Call Block' stops outgoing calls!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice 'Incoming Anonymous Call Block' stops outgoing calls!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Costa,

We'll be closing your private case since we haven't heard back from you for quite a while. If you still require assistance, please reach out to us by creating a public post in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes