Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

FIOS Digital Voice update

billymets
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

FIOS Digital Voice update

Message 1 of 15
(11,172 Views)

Any update on FIOS Digital Voice for NYC Area ? I am told the end of the year, and why is FIOS DV not on the Verizon website itself ? When is FIOS DV expected in the City of NY ? I am in Staten Island , Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
almahix
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: FIOS Digital Voice update

Message 2 of 15
(11,077 Views)

When is DV going to be available ANYWHERE?

ITGuy
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 15
(11,027 Views)

Bigger question,  what exactly is Digital Voice?   Is this something different than what a FIOS phone customer has now?  My Verizon In Home Agent references it and implies that it is what I have now.  

lgleaner
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 15
(10,643 Views)

FIOS Digital Voice is a Voice Over IP (VOIP) service, similar to Vonage.  If we ever see it, it will be loaded with new features amd save us some of the taxes and fees imposed by the FCC.

I, for one, would like some news as to when it will be available anywhere.  I've been waiting over a year after being promised by Verizon that it would be available in NJ "soon".

VZ_Brian
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 15
(10,640 Views)

Hello,

I do have some updates for the anticipated rollout.  If you send me a direct message, I will provide you with the relevant information for your account. 

Thank you,

Brian

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

billymets
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 15
(10,616 Views)

What do you have for NYC Update ? One step closer of me going back to FIOS , and still waiting word on FIOS1 NYC , MSG HD and MSG + HD . Will FIOS 1 have an HD feed ? Also Channels 33 and 38 for Staten Island ? 34-37 are CTV. What is Channel 499 plan on being ?

Thanks

W Burgess

billymets
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 7 of 15
(10,463 Views)

ANy NYC Update on Fios Digital Voice ? I heard launched on 9/30 ,. but no news came from, Verizon and someone said on here they would post a roll out schedule. what is it >??

Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 8 of 15
(10,457 Views)

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:

Hello,

I do have some updates for the anticipated rollout.  If you send me a direct message, I will provide you with the relevant information for your account. 

Thank you,

Brian

he said to message him directly,  to find out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Paul21046
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 15
(10,346 Views)

I have had FIOS for 4 years now, being an early adopter in central Maryland.  I have been waiting for Fios Digital Voice to roll out.

WHEN will it be available?  I live in Maryland, 21046

Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 10 of 15
(10,311 Views)

@Paul21046 wrote:

I have had FIOS for 4 years now, being an early adopter in central Maryland.  I have been waiting for Fios Digital Voice to roll out.

WHEN will it be available?  I live in Maryland, 21046

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,

Brian

he said to message him directly,  to find out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title