Fios Digital Voice
almahix
Enthusiast - Level 2
Is there any information regarding the upcoming Fios Digital Voice service yet? Ordering, availability, etc...I miss my former VOIP features and need to get them back, but don't want to re-activate my VoiceWing service if FIOS is going to have the features soon.
0 Likes
Re: Fios Digital Voice
MysteryMachine
I just got FIOS installed yesterday and I have a FIOS phone + FIOS internet package.  The phone system is wired into FIOS modem on the outside of the house.  When I made the order they said the phone part of the bundle was for Freedom Essentials.  Right now I am having issues that there seem to be no features (as soon as they moved me over I lost caller ID, anonymous caller block etc).  If it has any of the features that voicewing did I haven't heard or seen anything about them yet so at this point I am quite dissappointed.
0 Likes
Speedio

MysteryMachine,

Hope you are enjoying your new FIOS Internet. Since they said your phone is part of Freedom Essentials, it's the traditional voice service (PSTN), however you should have CallerID which I got part of Freedom essentials ( recently got my FiOS Triple play installed and I got CallerID, Voicemail and free long distance part of the voice package). Based on what I heard FiOS Digital Voice is in market trials and is not available nationwide. I recommend you to call customer service and confirm.

Cheers

0 Likes
klipko
Latest rumor I heard is that FiOS Voice is looking to be released in October.  Don't know what day.
0 Likes