FIOS voicemail on iPhone
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

I realize I can have my voicemail forwarded to my email and then listen to it but I'd like to be able to use the native Internet or the FIOS browser link that has the "Voicemail" icon on it. Does anyone have an idea when the "Voicemail icon" will be usable.

Thanks

- Hank

0 Likes
Re: FIOS voicemail on iPhone
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry that you are having issues with the service. I have sent you a private message to get your account information.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

re:" I realize I can have my voicemail forwarded to my email and then listen to it ..."

I have been totally unable to do this on my iPhone, what am I missing?

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Can you please give me some details? Are you not getting an email when you have a voice mail message or are you trying to access your voice mail using a browser?

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

I get the email, open from my iPhone but am unable to actually listen to the voicemail. I think there was a message that I needed Flashplayer or something like that, which wasn't supported on iPhone or iPad).  Its been a while, since I wasn't able to use it I quit trying. I'm assuming this is a common problem for iphone/iPad users, perhaps not? I could send myself a voicemail and recreate. Anyway, the issue is not actually getting the email, just that it isn't useful if you can't follow through and listen to the voicemail it's announcing.

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

I am not having any issues with my iPhone 4s and iPad 3 and voicemail messages. Verizon is sending these as .wav files.

Once they download to your device you should be able to hear them

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Ok - I just forced a FiOS voicemail to myself, thenI used my iPad to go to the Verizon site to listen to voicemail. Turns out its Java software that is needed (gives link to Java, but not specific sw that is required, there's a long list). Last time I tried this I fiddled around on Java site and ended up with theunbelief that what I needed isn't supported on iOS. So yes, it's the browser part that isn't working for me, not the email notification. All in all I'm totally frustrated with FiOS other than Internet service, can't wphon until contract is up to get tv and phone off! But that's a whole other story.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@Hankl wrote:

I am not having any issues with my iPhone 4s and iPad 3 and voicemail messages. Verizon is sending these as .wav files.

Once they download to your device you should be able to hear them

Thank you Hankl, I guess I'm just not setting things up correctly, I'll go back and study how-to's. I've just assumed that the way I'd do this is go to Verizon site to check voicemail. Obviously there's another way. I'll research later today or tomorrow. Fornew I'll go turn my answering machine back on. And sorry about typos here, for some reason I can't even go back  and edit my text (no cursor showing to move back. Weird. Maybe need to review iPad settings, not my day!)

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed . You can'e listen to a voicemail mwssage witj a browser om an IOS device

As you do, I have a list of things that should be fixed or enhanced.

djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@Hankl wrote:

Agreed . You can'e listen to a voicemail mwssage witj a browser om an IOS device

As you do, I have a list of things that should be fixed or enhanced.

Hankl, do you have time to point me in the right direction to set up FiOS voicemail so I can access on my phone? I don't need detailed instructions, just where to start. (I'm so challenged with Verizon that I can't even figure out which portal to log in to and which sign-in id to use, don't know how I ended up with more than one. I'd end with lol, but it's seriously not funny!

0 Likes