09-15-2008 01:05 PM
I didn't have a chance to apply this yet. Was going to do that tonight or tomorrow. If you end up doing this let me know how it goes otherwise I will update when I do.
09-15-2008 03:41 PM - edited 09-15-2008 03:43 PM
09-15-2008 10:02 PM - edited 09-15-2008 10:03 PM
09-17-2008 05:07 PM
I got the same warning. I just ignored it and assumed it was another McAfee shortcoming.
Subsequent scans of my system came up clean.
09-18-2008 08:27 AM
09-18-2008 10:33 AM
10-07-2008 06:02 PM
I just downloaded VCA today and I wanted to share the problems so far:
1. I received the email saying it was ready for me about four hours before it was ready for me.
2. Trying to figure out problem one I spent a while with two different Verizon Customer Support agents on online chat neither of whom had heard of VCA
3. The customer-satisfaction survey related to online chat doesnt work - I'm guessing it's a firefox compatibility issue
4. Loading I got the MacAfee error message about PSKILL that others have noted. I told MacAfee to ignote it - looks as though I guessed correctly.
5. Since then about every half hour Macafee Systemguard spontaneously goes disabled. I will have to call Macafee customer support tomorrow when they open for business in Winnipeg or wherever
6. VCA says that my voicemail passcode is wrong (it's not) - called VCA customer support - there is a known incompatibility between VCA and Home Vmail that they are working on with no ETA. They will call me when it's fixed.
7. I am experiencing the font-size problem that others have reported.
8. When the pop-up notification comes, it is hidden behind the Windows start bar. I can see the part that says the call is to me (hey, I already knew that!) but not the part that says who it's from (isn't that the whole point?)
9. address book sync does not seem to work with MS Outlook 2007 address book
10. Importing addresses in a CSV file works - I see all the names in my address book - but after I log off and log on again they are all gone. It's almost like I forgot to "save"
11. VCA says its compatible with Firefor but it keeps causing IE to load - IE is not a welcome program on my computer.
10-08-2008 06:05 AM
10-08-2008 10:14 AM
In response to DuardF's message, Number 6: Mine doesn't say that my Voicemail passcode is wrong, but when I enter it, it SAYS that my password has been saved, and then any new messages will show up on VCA. But then I can call the number myself (using a cell phone) and leave a message, and it doesn't show up. I have to go into settings, enter my voicemail password again, and then it will finally pop-up.
Long story, short: I think this little program is buggier than an ant farm. I sure hope they fix the problems before they try to add a bunch of new features...