Good Riddance Verizon!
dgmsr
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Wednesday May 8, a telephone cable line was accidentally pulled off a pole 5 houses from mine effecting at least a couple dozen of my neighbors. I called Verizon (1-800-verizon) to report the problem. Since this automated trouble reporting system said it would be until May 15th until a technician could check into this, I decided to navigate through the automated choices until I could report the problem to a live person, I did contact a live representative and I was told that a technician would be dispatched that day. A technician did arrive late that afternoon. I showed him the downed cable a fews doors down. The tech looked at the problem, got back into his truck and drove away. He did not even advise me on what was going to be done to get mine and my neighbors telephone and internet service (DSL) back. Then, I got a text message from Verizon that my repair has been resolved. 

As of now, (5/13/13, 11:45AM), the cable has not been repaired. I have no telephone service or internet, I have to drive 10 miles to the library to get on the internet,  I have elderly neighbors who must rely on a land line for medical emergencies.

It is absolutely unacceptable and shameful for this problem to continue, 5 days and counting. Verizon's customer service is extremely poor regarding this matter.

Today, I have cancelled my Verizon Residential and Internet Account.  As an owner of a business, I have instructed my purchasing manager to cancel all Verizon Accounts. I will be signing up for Time Warner phone and internet services and using another company for cell phones for myself, my family and employees.

Good Riddance Verizon, the absolute worst company to have to deal with!

Re: Good Riddance Verizon!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Good Riddance Verizon!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

dgmsr,

Since we haven't heard back from you or received the form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes