HOW DO I CONVINCE VERIZON TO INCREASE OUT-DATED LIMIT FOR CALL BLOCKING?
mark1091
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERIZON LIMITS CALL BLOCKING TO 10!

I NEED TO BLOCK AT LEAST 20 NUMBERS!

WHY DOESN'T VERIZON INCREASE OUT-DATED LIMIT FOR CALL BLOCKING?

I HAVE COMPLAINED TO DO NOT CALL REGISTRY OVER AND OVER BUT COMPLAINING TO DO NOT CALL REGISTRY DOES NOT RESOLVE MY PROBLEM WITH RECEIVING ANNOYING CALLS AT ALL HOURS FROM SAME CALLERS MULTIPLE TIMES EACH WEEK !!!

THERE MUST OTHERS WHO HAVE SAME PROBLEM.

PLEASE SPEAK OUT AND LET VERIZON KNOW YOU ARE FRUSTRATED TOO!

THANKS.

MARK

Re: HOW DO I CONVINCE VERIZON TO INCREASE OUT-DATED LIMIT FOR CALL BLOCKING?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Simple answer, you don't.  They are well aware that people want the limit increased.  They will do it when they think it will be to their advantage.

0 Likes
RuralCopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this product:  http://digitone.com/

I did and it works great.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also consider using NOMOROBO ( nomorobo.com ).  This free service seems to work very well with FIOS Digital Voice.

sferrell615
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Not more than 10 contacts can be added to your 'Reject calls from certain numbers' list."

why?!?!

i agree... 

not only does verizon need to increase their call blocking limit to infiniti but they also need to do a better job of blocking calls.  i'm getting calls from numbers that show up as UNKNOWN NUMBER in addition to UNKNOWN CALLER ID and from phone numbers that don't make sense / are not 9 digits (e.g. 234567)!  i can't even add "UNKNOWN NUMBER" or "234567" to the 'Reject calls from certain numbers' list... it says "Please enter a valid number."  hey verizon... how about please provide features to filter out crap that you let through?  

comcast is offering to pay people $300 to switch back from verizon and i see virtually no difference between the service provided or cost charged between the 2 of them... so if verizon doesn't make some improvements soon then i'm out.  

thanks for the post on NOMOROBO... i just finished setting it up (takes 2 minutes).  for those of you that might be interested... nomorobo currently blocks robocallers; however, it does not block political or charity calls yet.  also, more importantly... it's currently free, easy to setup, and - after reading the terms & conditions - does not appear that they do any snooping on your conversation.

0 Likes
sferrell615
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm happy that there are products such as the 1 you listed, which are capable of doing a good job of blocking unwanted calls (which verizon should be able to do but for whatever reason cannot), but the product you listed costs $100.  verizon should purchase a company like this and incorporate it into their call blocking capabilities

0 Likes
Tarantula2

I  too get a lot of calls from automated services at the same time daily; and now the calls are getting more frequent and additional numbers are calling.  I am on the do not call list and recently signed up with NoMoRobo, but when I went to Verizon to set it up, I could not manage my settings.  Can anyone tell me how to manage them?  when I click on the link I get am alert and a message stating that my account has been deleted and that  I need to login using a different account, eventhough I'm already logged in and am selecting Manage Settings from within my acount

If you are using NoMo Robo can you please tell me what I need to select in order to set it up (I have Vz Digital Voice).

Thanks

0 Likes
sferrell615
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just tried creating a google voice #, enabling spam blocking, then adding the google voice # to verizon fios's simultaneous ring (which is how the nomorobo is setup).  i don't think that google voice will block spam calls from reaching my verizon fios # but i'm going to give it a shot.  

i came across this site called tel-lynx connexion (TLC) which claims it'll be in production this month (january 2014) and from what i can tell it'll be free (no monthly service charge) but there is a device that you'll have to connect to your home phone, which has to cost something.  it claims that it'll be better than nomorobo and google voice.  

http://www.tel-lynx.com/html/features_details.php?Eliminates-unwanted-robocalls-2

a video on how TLC works.  personally, i think that it should be more simple (e.g. who cares if you're calling from a mobile phone vs. landline?) and i prefer a computer voice over a human voice but i think it should work.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX8ciJM1p4s

0 Likes
hbien
Enthusiast - Level 1

The easiest and cheapest solution I found:

1) Get a free Google Voice number

2) Enter all the known contacts into Google voice's contact list and add them to a circle or group, e.g. "Family", "Friends", etc.

3) Setup Google voice to go direct to voicemail for all contacts by default

4) Add your Verizon home phone number to Google voice as "Home"

5) Setup Google voice to forward calls from your selected circles/groups, e.g. "Family", "Friends", etc. to your home phone

6) Then, enable Do Not Disturb (blocks all calls) on Verizon and set it to use "System Greeeting" (not the default Voicemail) EXCEPT for a few select numbers including your Google Voice #. In our case, we have also added our own personal cell phones and work numbers so we can call our home direct

7) Tell everyone to use the Google Voice number

In this setup, people calling your Verizon # directly will get a message stating "The number you have called is not accepting calls at this time". No option to leave a message, and no indication they ever tried calling you. Most telemarketers fall into this trap for me.

Then, when I give other people phone numbers, I always use my Google voice #. This way, if they call me and I don't have their number in my contacts, they will get a chance to leave me a message but no phone rings. If it's spam, I ignore. If it's someone I was expecting, I can then add them to a group or circle and then next time they call my home (and cell) will ring simultaneously. Finally, family members calling my Google voice number, because they are in my address book, will ring my cell and home phone simultaneously.

This has worked very well - we get no more telemarketing calls at all. Google voice does a pretty decent job of identifying spam (only have a few of those) and places them into "Spam" folder automatically. I don't worry about giving out my Google voice number to salespeople, etc. because I don't care if they spread it around - it won't bother me.

One final thing: I would like a feature, however, to enable "Do not disturb", "Forward to voicemail" (on Verizon Digital voice) EXCEPT for a list (of 10 or so) numbers. The biggest problem with my solution above is those who have _only_ your Verizon home phone number will never be able to reach you and never even indicate that they are legitimately trying to reach you (no voice mail). If I had the option to forward all calls to voice except (at minimum) for Google voice, then my setup would work perfectly.

0 Likes
csnuz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree Verizon does a terrible job blocking/rejecting calls.  I added a number to the list andfor about 3 days it worked, and now the same number get through again, but still shows as blocked.

0 Likes