Re: HOW DO I CONVINCE VERIZON TO INCREASE OUT-DATED LIMIT FOR CALL BLOCKING?
cfmarofskeiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

DITTO! AND THANKS FOR THE TIPS ON NOMOREROBO ETC.

I also make note to verizon technical team that

First: There is a logic bug in the Call Block Number routine. With multiple numbers in my blocked list and I go to delete a phone number which I have previously entered to be blocked, I SAVE the changes, the BLOCK CERTAIN NUMBERS Checkbox gets UNCHECKED from it's previous CHECKED value. i.e. the entire feature is getting turned OFF after only deleting just one of the phone numbers I want blocked.

Second: Using WILDCARDS in this numbers to block field such as ? 's and * 's would also make for easier, more flexible and higher capacity functionalities.

An otherwise satisfied triple play customer.

0 Likes
ejleo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know if Digitone or similiar third party device can block the on-TV screen call notification that pops up while watching TV?    

I assume only a VZ app can do that at this time.   I hate to shut that feature off but it's just as annoying to see the recurring pop ups as it is to hear the phone ring.     

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ejleo wrote:

Does anyone know if Digitone or similiar third party device can block the on-TV screen call notification that pops up while watching TV?    

I assume only a VZ app can do that at this time.   I hate to shut that feature off but it's just as annoying to see the recurring pop ups as it is to hear the phone ring.     

The on-screen Caller ID display can be disabled in the set top box settings Settings>>Notifications>>Caller ID.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I find it to be the greatest SPAM filter ...if I don't know the number I don't get up to answer the phone.

0 Likes
MrSoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

with the technology available today, Verizon has no excuse to not be able to block an unlimited amount of numbers.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

the best way is to set up   Do Not Disturb

0 Likes
MattBieneman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately this device can only block 140 numbers. There are many thousands of scammers whose phone numbers need to be blocked.

0 Likes
Buzzy62

The short answer (and the only one Verison is even considering) is, when you pay extra for it.  They didn't become a multi-Billion dollar corporation by GIVING things away.  When you can affect their wallet, you can get their attention.

0 Likes