Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

How to get Caller ID on TV working again??

SOLVED
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

How to get Caller ID on TV working again??

Message 1 of 3
(2,348 Views)

We had a little snowstorm last week and lost power for several days.  Since then caller id has quit working on the TV's.  I'm guessing that the issue is that the change of IP address on the router has messed up the port mapping at the VZ end - pretty sad bit of coding if that is true, but whatever.

Unfortunately all the STB port mappings in the router are protected so that the regular user can't delete them without doing a full facttory default reset..  I appear to have 32 entries for 4 boxes!!!!!  Why I need 8 exactly the same entry for each STB IP address is beyond me too, guess just another sad bit of programming.

Anybody have any idea how to to get this feature working again?  I just tried disabling the feature, rebooting the STB and then enabling the feature in the hope that would force a remapping at the other end and now it says that I need to wait 24-48 hours before the feature comes active.  Does anybody know if this is the correct method to get it working or do I actually have to call someone to get it remapped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How to get Caller ID on TV working again??

Message 2 of 3
(2,346 Views)

@viafax999 wrote:

I just tried disabling the feature, rebooting the STB and then enabling the feature in the hope that would force a remapping at the other end

I just received an an icoming phone call and caller id is working again now so I guess that procedure does fix the issue.

Pretty sad that I actually found it documented in a private forum that most users have no access to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

@viafax999 wrote:

I just tried disabling the feature, rebooting the STB and then enabling the feature in the hope that would force a remapping at the other end

I just received an an icoming phone call and caller id is working again now so I guess that procedure does fix the issue.

Pretty sad that I actually found it documented in a private forum that most users have no access to.

tizhmslf
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(1,623 Views)

Just had the same problem. I followed the suggested procedure and it works now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title