How to verify USER ID is properly set up
jal64

A NON FIOS question:  I do not have FIOS so, on copper land line service how does one verify that MY USER ID is properly set up so that when I call someone else, THEIR CALLER ID properly identifies me? I have heard that this feature can be blocked so that other peoples Caller ID will not present my name. Not that I want to do this but, getting back to the question, I want to verify that this feature is working and is not blocked.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to verify USER ID is properly set up
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just call someone you know and ask them what their Caller ID reads on their phone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just call someone you know and ask them what their Caller ID reads on their phone. 

0 Likes
jal64

LOL ... Too easy.  The people I usually call already have my number in their phone book so just calling them is not a foolproof verification. 

I should have been more clear. There has to be a way to control this. I get a lot of spam calls on my land line that Verizon's caller id function only identifies by city name or just a number. These callers obviously have some control over the info they present when they call me. How can I do the same?

0 Likes