I HAVE NEW DIGITAL PHONE SERVICE ANYWAY TO BLOCK INCOMING COLLECT CALLS OR REVERSE CHARGES
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I see you have an outgoing international call block setting on outgoing calls but no call block  feature on Incoming  International Calls. 

I want to protect myself from unauthorized use of callers who are scammers, etc.  Is there a way this can be done on the new digital phone service?

I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

0 Likes
Re: I HAVE NEW DIGITAL PHONE SERVICE ANYWAY TO BLOCK INCOMING COLLECT CALLS OR REVERSE CHARGES
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There is no collect calls allowed or third party billing calls allowed on Fios Digital Voice.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/terms/Terms_of_Service.pdf

DEFINITION OF SERVICE
a) Verizon FiOS Digital Voice Service is a residential voice service. For purposes of this
Agreement, the term “Service” shall mean Verizon FiOS Digital Voice Service, including
all software, equipment and other features, products and services provided by Verizon
under the Calling Plan that you selected.

b) FiOS Digital Voice service requires 10-digit dialing. Home security system settings may
need to be modified from 7 to 10-digit dialing.

c) FiOS Digital Voice service does not allow the Customer to make 500, 700, 900, 950,
976, 00 01, 0+, calling card calls or dial-around calls (e.g., 10-10-XXXX). Nor does it
allow the Customer to accept collect calls or third number billed calls. The Company will
not bill any charges on behalf of other carriers.

d) The Service is subject to billing and technical capability and the availability of facilities.
The Service is not available in all locations.

0 Likes
Re: I HAVE NEW DIGITAL PHONE SERVICE ANYWAY TO BLOCK INCOMING COLLECT CALLS OR REVERSE CHARGES
prisaz
Legend

That is 100% correct. The only reason any phone company allows third party billing to be charged to your account on behalf of another company, is because of FCC regulations. Verizon was/is forced to deal with it even at an extra cost to them. Same with collect calls.

Digital Voice, just like other VOIP services is non regulated.

If you are receiving those types of charges I would call Verizon billing and make sure you have Digital Voice. Even before Digital Voice you could call and have a third party billing block placed on your line, to override the FCC rule.

Also demand they remove the charges. I had to deal with that before DV. Once calling the third party, and demanding that they stop attempting to collect a re occurring charge for something I did not subscribe to. Even though the block stopped it. The practice is called Cramming. Verizon should also go back and credit previous charges, though you may need to contact the third party.

The company in this article hit me and others more than once and I had to place third party billing block on my line. FTC goes after them, but the FCC rule allows it to continue. Our wonderful Federal Gov. at work. No wonder we have a deficit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/phone-bill-cramming-ftc_n_1499864.html

minded
Contributor - Level 1

I want to make it clear that Verizon is NOT crediting you when they remove the charges from your bill in the sens that these charges completely disappear.  They are charging the company back, but the company may in turn charge you separately.  Granted, a company that charges you feloneously may not pursue these charges separately, but not EVERY one of these types of charges are cramming, even if you personally do not recognize them.  You do not want to see a collections charge some way down the line, so I would still pursue this company to ensure these charges do not crop up again.

prisaz
Legend

minded

Good post.

0 Likes