Incoming calls not ringing
ejg3

I have 3 landline phones. All wired connected - no cordless.  Incoming calls are coming through but the phones are not ringing. Being all 3 are not ringing I figured the common denominator was the interface box. Checked all the connections inside the box - they were fine. Checked all connections to the jacks in the house - they too were fine. Took one of the phones and connected to test line in interface box and called - it rang fine. Connected back in house - called from my cell - it rings on my end but the phones don't make a sound. Cannot figure this out. I have to pick my phone up everyday and see if I have messages. Suggestions? Advise?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incoming calls not ringing
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it rings from the NID but doesn’t inside. There is probably a slight short on your inside wire. The short can be coming from the wire, the phone, the phone cord or the jack. Phone wires all branch out from the NID so if one wire is causing a short it will affect everything in the house. 

You will probably need a technician out to fix the problem unless you can troubleshoot the inside wire by yourself. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooters to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair. You can find these tools that may help you diagnose your issue on the Verizon Residential Support page:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it rings from the NID but doesn’t inside. There is probably a slight short on your inside wire. The short can be coming from the wire, the phone, the phone cord or the jack. Phone wires all branch out from the NID so if one wire is causing a short it will affect everything in the house. 

You will probably need a technician out to fix the problem unless you can troubleshoot the inside wire by yourself. 

0 Likes