Intellisync Import/Export
TechMike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to load my contact list into the FIOS Digital Voice Phone Book so I can dial by selecting the contact on the computer.

The Import/Export first asks to load an add-in to Internet Explorer.  Then it asks that I install software on my desktop computer.  I then click and launch the synchronize process and get a pop up box with Synchronize and Settings.  In the settings box, I  select the Outlook account to use.  I then click on Synchronize and the response back is that there is no application selected!!!  Now I do notice that does not say it works with Outlook 2010.

Has anyone gotten this to work?  Is there a manual way to upload multiple contacts?

Re: Intellisync Import/Export
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

I got to the point of clicking on the Settings button and then the app dies. Not sure I like this Intellisync option. Why cant we have a CSV file of our contacts and just import them in this fashion. I use Gmail, and do not have any mail client installed. Help Verizon!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That would be a good idea. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

I have added this to the Idea Exchange. If anyone feels like I do please go and cast your vote for this.

0 Likes
TechMike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done some research.  The Intellisync product was part of Pumatech that was sold to Nokia.  Nokia used the product as a key part of their phone product offering until 2008 when they dropped the product.  They stopped support at the end of 2010 and there is no support.  As such, Verizon should adopt a product that does have support and we can get it to work with Outlook 2010 in 64 bit mode.  One method is to allow manual uploading/downloading so we can manage the data ourselves.  Now the only way to update the information is to downgrade to Outlook 2007 or manually enter the information!

BrianDS2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would also say that the Intellisync that is used in email to import cfontacts does work, and if there was a Way to have a SINGLE phone book for Verizon for mail and phone, it would be great. 

If we can't get a Single Book Entry, then we need to get a Single IntelliSync option so the Import works with FIOSDV.

And is supported on Win 7, 64 Bit IE9

0 Likes