Re: Verizon Single Rate Plan: Akin to restaurant where the menu does not show prices
DorianLS

If Verizon only charges you 5 or 6 times the rate of other companies (like Reliant), consider yourself lucky!

I was charged $357.00 ($450.00 with taxes) for a 55 minute international call from my landline.  The same

call from the carrier I normally use would have come to about $3.00.  In fact, doing a calculation I found that

Verizon charged me 147 TIMES the rate I normally pay, and without any warning.  I simply forgot to enter the

1010 number which I use to get another carrier.  This is beyond an outrage.  Where is the FCC????  Dorian

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Single Rate Plan: Akin to restaurant where the menu does not show prices
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

@DorianLS wrote:

If Verizon only charges you 5 or 6 times the rate of other companies (like Reliant), consider yourself lucky!

I was charged $357.00 ($450.00 with taxes) for a 55 minute international call from my landline.  The same

call from the carrier I normally use would have come to about $3.00.  In fact, doing a calculation I found that

Verizon charged me 147 TIMES the rate I normally pay, and without any warning.  I simply forgot to enter the

1010 number which I use to get another carrier.  This is beyond an outrage.  Where is the FCC????  Dorian

this is like saying that you own a volkswagon bug and a ferrarri.

you drive the ferrarri every day

and then one day you drive the bug and get into a crash

and expect the insurance company to pay you for the ferrarri

because you could have been driving the ferrarri

0 Likes
Re: International Single Rate Plan
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the 300 International Plan since October of last year.  I have also asked if there was a way to know how many minutes we have used and got different answers.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at My Verizon to see my bill and I notice they now tell you how many minutes you have used (this month and last month), when your month is up, and the last call made (date, time, country, and how long).  If you have an International Single Rate plan it should be under My Verizon - My Services - My Home Phone.  Once you get there look in the bottom right.

Re: International Single Rate Plan
CanUHearMeNow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just today I ordered the 300 minute international single rate plan but after reading the posts in the Verizon forums I am having worries about what I will see on my first bill and the time consuming trouble I will have to go through to resolve the possible problems raised here. The well trained fella that sold me the service told me of all the savings I can enjoy if I switch to the 300 minute plan (as well as getting FIOS and internet - which I declined). He told me that the first 300 minutes of calls whether to a land line or cell phone are free. Then after the 300 minutes are exhausted I will be charged the difference between the regular rate (16 cents) and the premium (21 cents) rate which comes to 5 cents a minute. Again, no matter if it is a land line or cell phone. WOW! I thought. What a great deal I am getting Smiley Very Happy.

UNTIL, 

I looked at Verizon's website later that day to track my order (which tells you the percentage of completion only, nothing about what the order is or any other details.) and confirm the details of the plan to what I was told. But navigating their site is almost as torturous as their automated phone system. (BTW, to get a human operator keep pressing zero until your finger hurts) I could not find anything on their site that gave me a detailed explanation of the plan and  the rates. When I did find something that looked hopeful, I was sent to a page that asked for my phone number so they can show me the rates for my area. After I entered my phone number, I waited and waited until I was informed that the page does not exist.  Can anyone point me to the place where all details are given about the international single rate plan or send me a copy of the plan agreement if they have one? I thought I would receive an email with the order details and terms but noooooooooo.....Will I receive that information in the mail sometime in the distant future?

BTW, I hear turtle soup is very good Woman Surprised although I would imagine it is very crunchy. Smiley Indifferent     

0 Likes