Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Internet

Nann
Contributor
Contributor

Internet

Message 1 of 3
(1,284 Views)

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to recieve internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

2 REPLIES 2
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Internet

Message 2 of 3
(1,229 Views)

@Nann wrote:

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to receive internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

As always, "it depends."  What kind of service are you considering?  DSL?  FiOS?  And so on.

Specify the service you want to set up, and  then perhaps a solution can be suggested.

JustaGuy
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Internet

Message 3 of 3
(1,166 Views)

@Nann wrote:

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to recieve internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

Yes it's correct. Verizon used to offer customers DSL service with what is called a "dry-loop service".  You needed a 'physical' line into your home, but you did not have to have landline phone service.  In May 2012 they stopped offering it to 'new' customers.  They are also making it difficult for existing customers to keep it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title